Friday 27 November 2015

I'm obsessed with baking cakes!

I'm often baking sweet treats and love experimenting with new recipes and ingredients. So I'm going to try to post a new recipe each week. At the moment, I'm obsessed with cakes, especially loaf cakes. They're usually fairly simple, easy to get the kids involved in and tasty! 

I don't tend to stick to a recipe directly, I often tweak it to my own tastes or substitute some of the ingredients and on occasion, add something new. 

A particular hit has been my carrot and walnut cake. Originally based on a Mary Berry recipe, I altered it slightly to include half Demerara sugar and half caster sugar. I also add half a teaspoon of cinnamon and sometimes add a handful of sultanas in too!

So here's Mary's recipe;

http://goodfood.uktv.co.uk/recipe/mary-berrys-carrot-and-walnut-cake/

I tend to either halve it and make one loaf cake, or make 2 cakes and share it with some guinea pigs (usually my grandparents and Noah's nursery staff!) 

Here's our finished result! Delicious and doesn't last long!


No comments:

Post a Comment